THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter, by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter, by Julie Kagawa.
Published: August 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210138
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 359
Source: Bought
Series: Iron Fey #2


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
Goodness these covers are absolutely gorgeous.

I'm so in love with the world Julie Kagawa has created. The Winter, Summer, and Iron Fey are all so unique in their appearance, actions, and abilities. I can't help but crave more of the world.

I'll warn you now, while I like both Ash and Puck, I am absolutely Team Puck. I simply do not understand the romance between she and Ash. When they aren't making googly eyes at each other, or making out, he's telling her they can never be together. It gets old. Quickly. Maybe because I prefer Puck's character, who is the NICE guy. Dammit, for once, I want the nice guy to get the girl. But we know this isn't going to happen. So I'm wondering, how do you push forward in a series, knowing the protagonist will not end up with the one you want her with?

Speaking of the protagonist. Meghan annoyed the bloody hell out of me this time around. I don't know why, if she changed or if I did, because I adored her in the first book. This time I just wanted to tell her to shut the hell up and focus on what was most important. Because the fate of the fey weren't on the line or anything, so thinking about Ash every damn second definitely made more sense.....

Did I mention I loved the story? Because hotdamn, I love the story. I was drawn in, anxiously flipping pages to find out what happens next, simultaneously fighting the urge to throw the book any time love came into the equation. Whether it was Puck or Ash, I didn't want to read it. Because in the end of a love triangle, someone always gets hurt. I loath a love triangle.

I love the story, so I'll continue reading the series. But dammit I wish there wasn't a love triangle.

4/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Still need to read this, I read the Iron King..liked it alot, but didnt love it.


    clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read and reviewed The Iron Daughter as well, and I loved it, although I personally enjoyed The Iron King more. In my opinion, The Iron Queen was the best in the series.

    I'm a new GFC follower btw ;)
    Kind regards,
    Majanka
    I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete

<3 zee comments.