This week's topic is biggest jerks in literature.
(In no particular order)
1. Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse series--Yeah, I've only read the first five. I can't seem to tolerate Charlaine Harris' writing. However, I do love the story, and Eric's an asshole. And oh, how I love thee. (And I'm choosing him because I love him. The real asshole is Bill, obviously! However, he deserves no such recognition!)
2. Wesley from The DUFF--he's a douche nugget. He shows himself for the asshole that he is in the very first chapter. Soda to the face was not enough. But he grows on a person.
3. Alex&Carlos Fuentes from Perfect Chemistry&Rules of Attraction-- They're both the epitome of a bad boy. Sure they both soften as they fall in love, but it doesn't change the fact that they're jerks along the way!
4. Snape from Harry Potter--Never read the books, but I have been spoiled to the truth behind his character. Still, he's a damn weirdo. Yeah, he's a good guy in the end. Yeah, he did some serious douchery. But my issue is not those things. My thing is, he's so weird while being an ass. (This series can probably produce a list of twenty jerks. Easily.)
5. Weston from the Heavenly series--He did some seriously stupid things. But he changed and I adore him.
6. Governor Tate from Feed--Dick. Seriously. And yet, so very much like a few of today's politicians. This may actually be the only character on this list that I DO NOT love to hate.
7. Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series--he's a cat.
8. Stalker from Enclave--he's a slimeball! Little regard for anyone but himself. And yet, I want to climb into the pages and pinch his cheeks, and seriously hope he allows me to keep my hand, afterwards.
9. Paul from the Twilight Saga.--control that temper, buster!
10. Patch from Hush, Hush--I almost didn't add him to the list. Crescendo has completely warped my opinion of these characters, but if I'm thinking in terms of Hush Hush ONLY, I love that asshat.