Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today's list: Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2011
- Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. The entire world seems to adore this one, and I bought it months ago intending to read it. But of course it's somehow made it's way towards the bottom of the TBR, and I want to move it up.
- Harry Potter, (the whole series) by J.K. Rowling. I refuse to watch these movies until I read the books, and we have the movies. The boyfriend watches them from time to time and ignore the television. That's really getting old. (These should probably take up more than one spot. :/)
- Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I've always wanted to read this one, it's just one of those--never got around to it, situations.
- The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton. This is a classic, one that everyone and their mother have read and loved. I feel it's necessary for me to read it!
- City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. I bought this, like Hunger Games, a while ago and it just sits on my shelf waiting for me. The series is getting longer as we speak, so I need to get on that!
- Gathering Blue and Messenger, by Lois Lowry. The Giver is still one of my favorites, and I'd like to reread it, as well as read the companion novels.
- Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins. I'd actually prefer to read this one before the month is over, but I doubt that'll be happening. I haven't seen a single bad word about this novel in the blogging world, and ya'll are the only ones I listen to. So I want it.
- Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. Love the movie, but I haven't read the book. I think it may be a little ruined for me, since I know the 'twist', but I still really want to read it!
- 1984, by George Orwell. Everyone I know who has read this one, says it was great. And I mean, come on, it's George Orwell.
- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Another classic I own but haven't read.
Bonus: Every review book on my shelf. Ready to get these read and reviewed, and start anew!