THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (08)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pick:


Rot & Ruin, by Jonathan Maberry


In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human. 


I'll be honest. A year ago, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this book, for the simple fact that I had never really cared to read about zombies. However, Feed by Myra Grant changed that for me. And now, with the summary and cover of Rot & Ruin in front of me, I must say it sounds wicked. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!