THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Review: Falling for Romeo, by Jennifer Laurens

Falling for Romeo, by Jennifer Laurens
Published: October 1, 2007
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Pages: 216
Overall Rating: 5/5

John can have any girl he wants. Jennifer's never been kissed. Everybody thinks he's perfect. She's got issues with pride and jealousy. They were best friends-once. Now, they're playing Romeo and Juliet. Virgin lips Jennifer must have her first kiss on stage with John, the guy every girl in school wants. The pressure and tension build along with each staged kiss. Both are shocked when feelings bloom. Can either tell which kisses are real and which are for show?
Jennifer Laurens' is working her way up my favorite authors list, for sure!

I waited for the library to have this book for what seemed like....forever. I hadn't been able to find it, and the library's only copy had been missing for months. I don't know if they ordered another copy, or if the person eventually returned it, but you can imagine my reaction to find that it was suddenly "In Transit" to my library!
(Actually, if you follow my twitter, you witnessed my reaction.)

I just love the way Jennifer Laurens' writing flows in this book. The writing reminded me a lot of A Season of Eden. (And not because it's the same author, because the writing in the Heavenly series is completely different, and yet great as well!)

Wow, I can not keep my thoughts straight tonight. See what happens when you write reviews at midnight, when you know your kids will have you up in six hours?! Sigh.

I don't really know what to say about this one. Maybe it's lack of sleep, or maybe it's just that I loved everything about it. The way it flowed, the characters, the plot...everything. It was a quick, fantastic read! I'd recommend it to all Laurens' fans, and young adult fans!

(Ohhh, I don't care for the cover. That is my only gripe. The girl just isn't what I imagined. She seems too old.)

Cover
3/5
Plot
5/5
Characters
5/5
Pace
5/5
Ending
4/5
Writing Style
5/5

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! And I agree with you, that Heavenly is written differently, but still awesome at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete

<3 zee comments.