THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Monday, May 2, 2011

In which I ramble. A lot.

Hear that, my dears? **crickets**

Yeah, pretty sure my blog is dead. Which is understandable, I suppose. I don't post often enough. Writing reviews is also starting to feel like work, and the words don't come as easily as they used to. (cue "Jaded" by Aerosmith which has nothing to do with the situation, but the title certainly fits.)

Anyways. Osama Bin Laden is now allegedly dead. (I'm sorry, my cynical brain never believes a damn thing the media tells me, not 100%) So, yay? I mean. Justice has been served in the sense that the alleged mastermind behind 9/11 is now dead. As for everyone else involved, well, we just don't know, do we? Whatever. I genuinely hope this is a step toward making the world a better place, and I genuinely hope this increases the chances of more of our troops coming home alive. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling about this. Okay. This isn't a political blog. Got it. Moving on.

The cover of Silence, the third book in the Hush Hush trilogy, was released today, and ommfsdpd, it is GORGEOUS. I wasn't a huge fan of Crescendo, it really let me down, but I still can't deny the fact that this series has some of the most beautiful covers. I also can't deny the fact that I am very much looking forward to Silence (despite the fact that I think the title is just..no) and I'm hoping this book redeems the series for me. I still find myself recommending Hush, Hush frequently, but I also find myself saying "and for the love of all that's holy, stop there. At least until Silence comes out."

Anyways. Man I'm really rambling today!

Btw, if you are unaware, Barnes and Noble currently has a Spring Clearance Sale going on, of epic proportions. I got ten books for twenty five dollars (which also means free shipping, cha-ching)....so I strongly suggest checking out. Now I'm on a book buying ban until I greatly reduce my tbr. Considering the fact that it has taken me three days to read Enclave, this will take a while. I honestly think this break I took from reading slowed down my reading abilities. Blah.

Anyways.....the initial point of this post, ya know, before the rambling took over....


How bloody gorgeous is that? Is it just me, or does Patch kind of look like James Franco in this? Just me? Okay then.


2 comments:

  1. "and for the love of all that's holy, stop there."
    Lol, I absolutely love that! Course, I haven't even read CRECSENDO yet (I got scurred off). But lookit that SILENCE cover. I love it!
    Glad you're back, Amanda! Missed you
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you! Not many people were particularly pleased with Crescendo. It was this massive train wreck that you couldn't take your eyes off, because you had to know that the good guys made it out, and ya know, in one piece. But you were disgusted and/or infuriated the entire time.

    Ha, I guess rambling has just become my thing today. Anywho. :D **hugs back**

    ReplyDelete

<3 zee comments.