THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Author Interview: Laura Lond

Laura Lond

Author of:

___________________________________________________________________


Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
A: I grew up in a family of engineers who loved to read. I picked up the love of books early on, they had become my best friends, especially since I was the only child. Almost right away I knew that I wanted to write my own stories, too. I guess I was born with it. I couldn’t find satisfaction in anything else, no matter what I did.

I got a degree in history, my first job was at a literary museum. It was good, but not good enough. I moved on to work for a Christian mission -- once again, a good job that had taught me a lot, but not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Then I had entered the world of corporate business, working for large companies like Xerox Ltd. Same story. Great jobs, great opportunities, but I didn’t care to climb the corporate ladder. All I wanted was to write books, and I did that every spare minute.

Q: Was Lord Arkus always going to be a villain, or was he at one time, a hero in the traditional sense?
A: As Lord Arkus himself puts it, he “was not born a villain.” We don’t get to read much about his early life, he seems to guard his past, but we do learn that there was a time when he was not proudly calling himself a villain. He was not a hero, but he was a decent guy who even had a dear friend, someone he still remembers and misses. As the story goes on, the reader might notice that Arkus’ continuous claims of being evil actually don’t have that much support…which is something he would hate to hear.

Q: Which of your characters would you say are most like you?
A: I don’t think any of them are, they all seem to be much more fun than I am.

Q: The least like you?
A: The dragon. I am nice and friendly, I don’t haunt people with murderous intent.

Q: Should we be expecting a sequel to My Sparkling Misfortune in the future?
A: Yes, Lord Arkus is currently working on a sequel. It will be titled My Royal Pain Quest. His adventures continue, and as you can see from the title, he is not very pleased about it.


Q: Do you have any other projects in the works that you'd like to tell us about?
A: I am about to release a novel very different from Arkus’ story, a supernatural thriller about gene engineering and cloning titled “Side Effect.”

Q: Anything else you'd like to add? Advice for the aspiring writer, book recommendations, a word from Lord Arkus?

A: Advice: Keep writing.

Book recommendation: Elfhunter by C.S. Marks (a treat for fantasy fans, I loved it and am currently devouring the sequel, “Fire-Heart”).

Word from Lord Arkus: “I would like it to be known that I read reviews of my book, and while I am generally pleased with them, I do notice the annoying tendency of reviewers to doubt my villainy. I might have done some things villains don’t normally do, but Jarvi the Sparkling is to be blamed for that, not me. Those acts prove nothing. I am still quite a prominent member of the Villain’s League, thank you very much.”
___________________________________________________________________

I'd like to thank Laura for the interview! Check out My Sparkling Misfortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 zee comments.