THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review: Absolution, by Jennifer Laurens

Heavenly, by Jennifer Laurens
Published: October 2010
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5.

Zoe’s secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell’s most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul. 

Albert, Matthias’ father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so. 

The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she’s brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she loves?

I drew this book out for weeks, because I just didn't want this story to end. It was difficult, and once I got about halfway through, I could no longer put it off. I had to finish it in one sitting. Loved it.

We get more of Weston, which I absolutely love! He's a dream. Honestly, I think I've said this before, but I don't think Zoe deserves him. Her constant back and forth between him and Matthias continued into this book, and it still annoyed me. I didn't feel it was fair to Weston in any way. I understand the love Zoe and Matthias share, but Weston deserved better than that!

Zoe has really developed into a strong character. There were times in Absolution that I thought she had developed a bit of a "holier than thou" complex, but I suppose being in love with a heavenly being would do that to a person.

I loved the way the story wrapped up. There isn't a lot I can really say about it without spoiling it, but I was happy with the way everyone's story ended. When Jennifer Laurens said the story had an ending that was necessary, I definitely understand what she meant.


Cover: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Pace: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Ending: 5/5

Writing Style: 5/5