THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Review: What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones

What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones

Published: February 1, 2003

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Pages: 259

Overall Rating:

My name is Sophie.
This book is about me.
It tells
the heart-stoppingly riveting story
of my first love.
And also of my second.
And, okay, my third love too.
It's not that I'm boy crazy.
It's just that even though
I'm almost fifteen
it's like
my mind
and my body
and my heart
just don't seem to be able to agree
on anything.

I had no idea this book was written in verse. How I didn't know, is beyond me. As if the summary wouldn't have been any indication, and I know I read it because I never read a book without reading the summary. It was refreshing though, because I enjoy these.

The story was cute. Not as trashy I thought it would be, which is great because the girl sounded rather slutty. The thing I love about novels written in verse is, they manage to tell an entire story, with so few words. But you still get it. Or at least I do. I suspect many people do, because novels in verse are becoming increasingly more popular. So you literally read the book within about an hour.

Clearly I'm sleep deprived, because I feel as though my thoughts are making no sense. I'll just make this quick; enjoyed the story, enjoyed the characters, and can't think of a single negative thing to say about it.

Cover
Plot
Characters
Pace
Ending 
Writing Style


No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 zee comments.