THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE. REVIEW REQUESTS ARE IGNORED.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Future of Another Book Junkie

This will probably be the last post you'll see around here, for a while. I'm in the process of joining the girls at Good Choice Reading, though the details of that are being hammered out. It's unclear at this point whether I will be a permanent reviewer there, or just a guest reviewer. It's up to the girls, and it's their blog, so whatever they decide is fine with me.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I almost just shut the blog down completely to remove myself from the book blogging world. To be honest, it feels like high school anymore, and it gets a little tiring. The fact that you can't say something in general without someone assuming it's about a particular blogger, and running to tell them as if it will somehow put me in my place, is just sad. Especially when you don't follow that blogger, or know anything about them. I'm not intimidated by anyone, anywhere. None of us are better than the rest. Thousands of followers doesn't make you better than the blogger with ten. I didn't deal with the cliques in high school, and I'm not dealing with them in blogging. (Please note that this opinion does not reflect the girls at Good Choice Reading in any way whatsoever.)

But that isn't really what this is about. It plays a role, but for the most part, I really just do not want to do anything more than reviewing. I'm only taking half a step back, of course, rather than removing myself completely. I'm not a fan of doing the memes (though I have nothing against those who do), and apparently I'm incapable of coming up with many other post ideas. I'm jaded, it's crystal clear at this point. Something else that is clear? My blog is dead. Guys, very very few even enter GIVEAWAYS. Which I'm fine with! My blog is dead because I'm an inconsistent blogger and believe me I understand that. I'm blaming no one for the crickets you hear.

So my plan is to just review. I'll review for Good Choice Reading, and help out with anything they want/need help with, and that's it. This blog will remain just as you're reading it now. I don't want to delete all of the reviews from the past, and who knows, maybe one day I'll feel like diving back in head first. I guess we'll see.

Thank you to anyone who has ever read a single thing I've written.
Ciao.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I love reading your stuff. Honestly, I'm sorry that I never comment :( But I'm glad that you'll still be reviewing with Good Choice Reading!

    Also, I also agree with you with the whole high school clique thing. It's really obvious now that you pointed it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! Don't give up on your blog! I just discovered it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support guys :) I'm reviewing now for Good Choice Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time visiting your blog! I like it! I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes I feel the same way. Blogging can be high maintenance and sure it takes lots of time to accomplish it. I am behind on book reviews, and it seems like I haven't posted much lately either. But I still like the book community and the blogging world. If I'm not a blogger, then I won't visit other blogs and stumble on your blog and read this wonderful post you've written!!! Hope everything goes well!! I hope you can keep this blog, and please don't delete it or anything! I will come over to the Good Choice Reading.

    New follower. (I know you probably in the process of leaving this blog, but still, what's more important is readers to read your blog, not followers who don't read it at all, right?)

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sam, thank you for your comment and I definitely agree! :) As of now, this blog is just what it is, I may or may not pick it back up in the future, but one thing is for sure--I'm not deleting it. Hope to see you over at Good Choice Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am behind on book reviews, and it seems like I haven't posted much lately either. But I still like the book community and the blogging world.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete

<3 zee comments.